Hamilton is a city of bold contrasts including a vibrant urban landscape full of character and stunning nature on all sides. Tourism Hamilton is inviting the public to help share the best of both worlds with the launch of its 2018 #MyHamilton Photo Contest.
This year’s contest theme has two categories: Outdoor Adventure and City Life. Photos selected will feature the best of Hamilton and inspire people to visit the city.
Photo submissions will be accepted until July 22.
A panel of judges, including professional photographers and tourism marketers, will select ten finalists. Winners will be selected by public vote (online and in person at Tourism Hamilton’s Visitor Centre in the Lister Building during Supercrawl (Sept. 13 -16). One winner in each category will receive a fun-filled weekend stay in Hamilton and a $250 cash prize.
Last year, more than 600 photos were submitted to the #MyHamilton Photo Contest. 2,000 votes were cast to select the winners.
- The 2018 #MyHamilton Photo Contest runs from May 29 to July 22.
- Winners will receive cash prizes and a weekend stay in Hamilton.
- The contest is being launched during National Tourism Week which marks the significant contributions made by the tourism sector to Canada’s economy, culture and standard of living.
- Hamilton welcomes more than six million visitors annually who spend an estimated $530 million in the city.
- For more contest details visit: www.tourismhamilton.com/myhamilton
- For more information about National Tourism Week visit: https://tiac-aitc.ca/About_Tourism_Week.html