THE CHRISTMAS TREE OF HOPE
The annual Children’s Fund Christmas Tree Of Hope was founded in 1976 to bring hope to kids and families struggling through the holiday season.
The campaign now serves as the primary fundraising mechanism for the Children’s Fund. Official “Christmas Tree Of Hope” trees are lit in Gore Park Hamilton, Aldershot and Burlington as symbols of our efforts during the Christmas season.
Other activities include our:
- Annual Christmas Concert at Gore Park in Hamilton
- “Blitz Day Radiothon” on AM900 CHML, Y108, and 953 Fresh Radio
- “Operation Santa Claus Toy Truck” toy drive
OPERATION SANTA CLAUS
For 50 years, Jimmy and Susan Lomax made Christmas a reality for thousands of Hamilton and Burlington residents in need.
In 2010, the Children’s Fund took over stewardship and will continue the tradition of “Operation Santa Claus” in Hamilton/Burlington and is one of Canada’s largest Toy Drives.
Are you planning a toy drive at your office or workplace, and don’t have time or place to donate them? Or are you simply looking at a way your family can help other less fortunate kids during the Christmas holiday?
Call us and we’ll help you do it with the Toy Truck! Call Drew at (905) 521-9900 x442217 or email Drew.Rutty@corusent.com and tell us where you are, and we will come and pick up the new unwrapped toys and donate them to local charities.
Help us help bring a smile to the faces of children infant to early teen years, through the Operation Santa Claus Toy Truck
Charities we donate to include: Good Shepherd Centres, YMCA, Mission Services, Interval House, St. Matthews House, Neighbour to Neighbour, Big Brothers and Sisters and more.
Toy Truck cut off date is Monday December 18th.
If you would like to drop off toys, here are the venues collecting new/unwrapped toys:
- McDonald’s in the Hamilton Area
- 1175 Wilson Street West, Ancaster
- 1015 Golf Links Rd, Ancaster
- 10 Cootes Dr, Dundas
- 385 Highway 8, Stoney creek
- 674 Queenston Rd, Hamilton
- 1268 King St. East, Hamilton
- 787 Barton St., Hamilton
- 21 Upper Centennial Prkwy South, Hamilton
- 1736 Stone Church Rd E, Hamilton
- 852 Upper Gage, Hamilton
- Hamilton Fire Stations
- Station 1 – 35-43 John Street North
- Station 2 – 1400 Upper Wellington Street
- Station 3 – 935 Garth Street
- Station 4 – 729 Upper Sherman Avenue
- Station 5 – 1227 Stone Church Road East
- Station 6 – 246 Wentworth Street N.
- Station 7 – 225 Quigley Road
- Station 8 – 400 Melvin Ave.
- Station 9 – 125 Kenilworth Ave. N.
- Station 10 – 1455 Main St. West
- Station 11 – 24 Ray Street South
- Station 12 – 199 Hwy 8, Stoney Creek
- Station 17 – 363 Isaac Brock Dr., Stoney Creek
- Station 20 – 661 Garner Road E., Ancaster
- Station 21 – 365 Wilson St., Ancaster
- Station 23 – Memorial Square, Dundas
- Station 24 – 256 Parkside Drive, Waterdown
- Y108/95.3 Fresh Radio/AM900 CHML – 875 Main Street West, Hamilton
- Total FX Fitness – 1180 Stone Church Rd E, Hamilton
- Hamilton Builders’ Supply
- 37 Lloyd St, Hamilton
- 164 Limeridge Rd E, Hamilton
- 723 Walkers Line, Burlington
- 1067 Barton St E, Winona
- 33 Carlton St, St. Catherines
SEE YOUR DONATION IN ACTION.
We support local organizations in your community:
Since 1976 over $5 MILLION has been
distributed to local organizations in
the Hamilton/Burlington area.
Jeff Storey, President: 905-521-2325
Charity Number: Registered Charity #11922 2578 RR0001
Ways you can help donate:
At the Bank
Donate to The Children’s Fund at any Hamilton area Tandia.
- Hamilton – 75 James St South & 990 Upper Wentworth St.
- Ancaster – 21 Stone Church Road
- Stoney Creek – 975 Queenston Road
- Burlington – 3455 Fairview Street
- Brantford – 25-27 King George St
Donate to The Children’s Fund in person at the CHML/Y108/953 Fresh Radio Studios (875 Main Street West; Hamilton), or wherever you see us on location.
We accept Cash, Debit, Visa, Mastercard or American Express
New, Unwrapped Toys
3 cent a Litre Day
Donate to the CHML/Y108/953 Fresh Radio Children’s Fund at participating Pioneer Energylocations on December 20th and 3 cents a litre will be donated to The Children’s Fund.
Apply For Funds
To apply for funds, please copy and paste the form below and e-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children’s Fund Board meets every 3rd Wednesday of the month.
All requests to be submitted for the Calendar Year (2018).
(Charities required a registered Charity Number to apply)
Will the funding be used solely for children?
How many children will the funding help?
Dollar amount being sought:
Time period funding will be utilized:
Is the program seasonal/annual?:
Description of program/service being provided:
Have you received funding from the Children’s Fund in the past?:
If you answered yes to the question above…when?
How did you hear about the Children’s Fund?
Are there opportunities within your organization to raise awareness of the Children’s Fund?:
How else can CHML, 95.3 Fresh Radio and Y108 help your organization?:
If you are requesting funds for $10,000 or more please answer the following questions:
a) Who it will benefit
b) Design of the project
c) Outcomes expected.
A brief overview of your budget, income sources, and expenses for this project.
All monies raised through the The Childrens Fund are distributed locally. A volunteer board administers donations monthly based on requests made to the Fund.
Since 1976, over $5 million has been distributed to local organizations. Past and present recipients include:
|Afro Canadian Caribbean Association|
|Ancaster Community Services|
|Autism of Ontario: Hamilton Chapter|
|Boys and Girls Clubs of Hamilton|
|Breakfast With Santa|
|Cathedral High School|
|Catholic Childrens Aid Society of Hamilton|
|Catholic Family Services of Hamilton|
|Catholic Youth Organization (CYO)|
|Childrens Aid Foundation of Halton|
|Childrens Aid Society of Hamilton|
|Delta Secondary School|
|Don Quixote Co-op|
|Dr. Bob Kemp Hospice|
|Essential Aid & Family Services of Ontario|
|Fit Active Beautiful Foundation (FAB)|
|Hamilton & District Extend-a-Family|
|Hamilton Outreach Services|
|HFA Varsity Hurricanes Football|
|Imagine in the Park|
|Interval House of Hamilton|
|John Howard Society|
|Joyce Rattray Christmas|
|Kid Quest Camp|
|Liberty For Youth|
|Living Rock Ministries|
|Lynwood Charlton Centre|
|McMaster Athletes Care|
|McMaster Childrens Hosipital Foundation|
|Neighbour to Neighbour|
|Niwasa Aborginal Education Programs|
|Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK)|
|Robert Land Community Association|
|Wesley Urban Ministries|